HomeFront is a private, nonprofit organization, incorporated in 1989, which offers affordable housing opportunities for lower income households. HomeFront exists for that purpose only. This web site will educate and provide useful information, while assisting in a variety of ways.
HomeFront Seeks To:
- Develop and implement affordable housing programs
- Create new home ownership opportunities
- Create jobs in the local housing industry
- Revitalize deteriorating neighborhoods
- Develop, own and manage safe, decent, affordable rental units
- Improve existing private rental units and owner occupied housing stock
HomeFront Will Work With:
- Community leaders
- Other nonprofit organizations
- State, federal, and local government agencies
- Banking and lending institutions
- Civic and religious organizations
What Can HomeFront Do For Me?
- HomeFront can help you become a home owner, if you qualify for our affordable home ownership programs within Washington County
- Offer home ownership counseling as part of the homeownership program
- Budget counseling
- Affordable mortgage packaging
- Work with you and area lenders
- Assist existing home owners with home repair needs
- Grant and loan packaging as funds are available
- Work with you and area lenders as funds are available
- Rental assistance
- Refer to available unit
- Assist with rental subsidy referral for first month's rent
- Referral for homelessness prevention education
- Referral to family action planning
- Skills analysis and referrals
- Family budgeting
Looking Ahead into the Future
Through HomeFront's efforts, we have encouraged and provided economic opportunity for local lenders, Realtors, appraisers, attorneys, title companies, and many local building and reconstruction contractors. We have increased local business sales of building materials, household appliances and remodeling supplies.
Networking and cooperative agreements have been developed with many nonprofit agencies, municipal government offices, state and federal agencies, and private businesses to reduce duplicating services, to coordinate agency services, and to leverage state and federal funds for Washington County.
The direct client benefit is HomeFront's ability to blend many client needs with housing repair and purchase needs to assist the lower income population's affordable housing needs.